The Association has been set up to promote the future development of the class in the UK and Europe and to act as a point of contact for all owners.
The number of boats in the UK and France has now reached a critical mass with fleets also developing in Ireland and Belgium.
The Shadow is increasingly recognised as the best one design single-handed fast cat on the market. Its light weight and simplicity mean asymmetric skiff style sailing with less swimming. The aim of the association is to aid communication, encourage ownership, improve competition and maintain the value of the boats in the second hand market. Membership is free.
- Web Site : http://www.shadowsailing.org.uk All the information you need is there, as well as some great photos.
- Communication : we will maintain an e-mail circulation list as the primary means of communication.
- Class Rules : the rules (pending final approval from Yves Loday) are now on the web site.
- Events : the following cat events have been designated as the Shadow UK circuit 2005 :
* May 14-15 : rutland Cat Open
* July 16-17 : east Coast Piers Race, Essex
* September 10-11 : stokes Bay Cat Open (Shadow Open Championships)
* October 15-16 : grafham Cat Open
* November 5-6 : weston Cat Open
- Training : watch the web site for details of training events. It´s a new class, so most of us are on a steep learning curve with a lot to be gained from training together.
- Promotion : we will be present at the Loday-White demo days to offer advice to potential Shadow sailors and to watch the smiles appear as people sail the boat for the first time !
To join the Association all you need to do is email us with your contact details :
Olly Harris : firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel. 02380 456843)
David Brief : email@example.com (Tel. 0207 6074749)
or call us if you want to find out more.
Donnez une note :